We are looking for a VAR Engineer (Vehicle Accident Reconstruction Engineer), with a P.E. license that can also focus on products evaluations specifically for the forensics industry. Do you have an easy way with people and can talk to anyone, explaining difficult ideas in ways that are easy for everyone to understand? Do you really want a bit more outdoor time and some flexibility in your schedule while doing what you love most? Are you bored with design work and would like to spend more of your time out in the field?
In this role, you will do everything needed to determine what happened, report your findings to the Client and sometimes testify to explain them. This position makes a huge impact on the safety of things people use every day. Sometimes that can involve code changes or even recalls of items.
- In this position you will apply your technical knowledge to help assess and determine the origin and cause of complex and unique problems for our clients. Experienced accident reconstruction or motor vehicle background is valuable including MEP design, appliances, fire suppression systems, fuel distribution, residential and commercial HVAC.
- You will investigate equipment, pipe, appliance, material, and systems failures. Work as part of a team, with other engineering specialties, to determine the root cause of an incident.
- Conducting field investigations and performing failure/accident analysis involving various types of vehicles and mechanical equipment involved in accident or incidents.
- Conduct vehicle accident reconstruction or failure analysis of mechanical equipment or components.
- Perform computer analysis and calculations. Provide timely and accurate technical findings in both verbal and written form.
- You will perform timely accurate analysis, prepare reports, and present your findings to the client and other interested parties.
- You must be able to manage several projects simultaneously and be detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are essential. Report writing skills are essential.
- Assisting in promoting services and develops client relationships through the delivery of expertise-related presentations, attending industry-related events and supporting the marketing staff as needed.
What We're Looking For In Order for You To Succeed
- MS in Mechanical Engineering preferred. BS in Mechanical Engineering required. BS in Agricultural Engineering can be considered if relevant professional experience is fulfilled.
- Applied experience.
- Professional Engineering, P.E., license by testing with ability to become licensed in additional states (NCEES preferred).
- Valid driver’s license and reliable form of transportation is a must.
- Must have strong technical writing skills.
- ACTAR certified preferred (or an ability to acquire certification).
- Seeking automotive background in repair and maintenance
- Physically able to climb ladders, walk on uneven and unleveled surfaces, enter and work in confined spaces, crawl under cars and trucks and other vehicles to inspect damage. Knowledge of automotive components and systems is preferred.