We are seeking a Civil/Structural Engineer with a Professional Engineering (P.E.) License to provide condition assessment services to our diverse client base. Day to day activities will focus on cause and origin investigations relating to defects and failures of residential and commercial structures. The candidate must be proficient with technical oral and written communication and be able to defend and support conclusions. Other duties include forensic photography, collecting physical evidence and maintaining chain of custody, conducting investigations to document onsite conditions and oversee field-testing. We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), a flexible work schedule, and mileage reimbursement. Additionally, Rimkus offers the potential for growth and career advancement. Successful candidates can move up within the organization.
- Field Investigations: Make cause and origin determinations relating to construction defects and structural failures on a wide variety of project types, sizes and complexities.
- Manage forensic investigations within the field of civil/structural engineering based upon a scope of work and prepared budgets. Provide expert-level consultation to our clients to assist in answering technical questions.
- Produces written technical reports detailing and defending observations and conclusions.
- Manages multiple projects concurrently. Coordinates other support activities and testing when needed and ensure client deliverables are addressed in a timely manner.
- Utilize appropriate calculations, applications and figures to ensure the proper procedures are applied.
- Adhere to safety protocols and follow land use laws and regulations every step of the way.
- Ability to initiate, develop and maintain mutually beneficial client relationships.
- Ability to deliver technical presentations to clients for the purpose of both litigation and marketing support.
- B.S. Civil or Structural Engineering degree or higher.
- P.E. required
- 5-7 years of experience as a civil/structural engineer.
- Project management and field investigation experience plus.
- Must have high level of analytical skills and be a proficient technical writer and communicator. Work requires continual attention to detail with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with clients at all levels.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including but not limited to, Microsoft Office applications and computer assisted engineering and design software.
- Must maintain a driver’s license and a reliable form of transportation.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time to areas located in proximity to your base location and overnight travel to support other regions as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and be able to perform inspections in confined spaces and high and/or steep slope roofs.